GMSA works to empower self-advocates to manage their own services as much as possible. In this workshop participants will learn what self-managing is, who it is for, what you do when you self-manage, and how can you start self-managing. The workshop includes a very helpful panel of individuals who already self or family manage. The panel will provide their perspective on what self-management has been like for them.
Self-managing can be very confusing. This workshop helps you answer all of these questions:
- What is self-management?
- Who can self-manage services?
- What do I need to know to self-manage?
- What do I need to do to self-manage?
- Who can help me self-manage?
- How do I find out if self-management is right for me?